Dan, Heather, Katherine, Courtney, Jack, Ryan, Abby, Cade, and Bode

Dan, Heather, Katherine, Courtney, Jack, Ryan, Abby, Cade, and Bode

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Robert and His Cow



Kat started Kat's Art for Africa to raise money for a project in Africa. Many of you bought her notecards made from her paintings and I wanted you to see what she was able to buy with your support. Shortly after we left, Robert, our handyman while were in Africa, was presented this cow by his church.




Robert is such a sweet, gentle man.  He has two small children, and unlike our other household help, did not have a cow - only 2 chickens.  Buying him a cow (for about $350, about half a year's salary to him) is like buying him a car.  This is the thank you letter he wrote.  Somehow he found out it was Kat, even though we had requested the gift to be anonymous.



The last line always gets to me.  "I will think of you forever."

We have so much, and when we give well, we can change lives.

1 comment:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. I praise God for my awesome family..making a difference in His Holy name!

    ReplyDelete